I recently updated from 1.8.22 to 1.9.1 and found that the autocomplete widgit does not work correctly. The options list appears OK but items cannot be selected from it by mouse click. Keyboard navigation to select works fine.
After a bit of research it seems that this is an old problem that may have been fixed in the 1.8 generation but has re-appereared. None of the work arounds suggested for the old problem seemed to work for me. Any suggestions?
There must have been some change in the UI code. In my application if I change the UI js file to 1.8.22 (and change nothing elese) it works fine. Change back to 1.9.1 and it does not work (in IE9, Firefox and Chrome). Mouse over highlights the menu item, but click does nothing.
I just tried with the most recent version of JQuery, but nothing changed.
I just thought of sharing my ideas.Recently i updated my JQuery version,
for me the first click works and the next click doesn't gets
triggered. Finally i found an solution by destroying the autocomplete
and then reinitializing.The answer might look odd but works perfectly.
Leave a comment on tiger1's reply
Change topic type
Link this topic
Provide the permalink of a topic that is related to this topic