I am new to jquery. I have a simple autocomplete that I cannot get working. I am working in Dreamweaver CS5.5 and using Firefox as my browser. On the server side I am using Apache, php and a mysql database.
The Autocomplete code that you show is appropriate if the data were in a JS array and all the computing was done in the user's browser. Your configuration is a remote server in the same domain. The code has to be different. Two things I see missing (there may be others) is no AJAX and no success: option to map the JSON data so that Autocomplete can make sense of it.
Here's a link to a prior post I made on this situation. It contains a link to a tutorial, some code that works, and some advice from experience.
Mike, Thanks for your help. I have edited the code from the other post and I am still having some problems. My jquery script follows:
source: function (request, response)
success: function (data)
}); //end autocomplete
You can see a blank list appearing below the searchText textbox in the image from the browser.
The messages from firebug show the hits on the server are successful and return json data. Each time I type or backspace the server responds. See below.
Note: I initially received a 404 error message because the jqueryui autocomplete css images were not in my sites css folder. After I copied these I did not receive any 404 errors about images. Currently no errors in firebug.