Jake- Thanks for your reply. I just got it figured out in the last few minutes and hadn't had a chance to post an update yet. After a great deal of head-scratching, I finally figured out that:
1. Because my form is https, I have to use https to load the .js files or Chrome throws some kind of an error that you can't see but keeps it from loading and
2. You can't use just any library with https. When I accidentally changed it to the jquery.com hosted version, everything stopped working again. Took me forever to figure out what I had broken. If you use the Google version with https, it works. Didn't try the others.
Hope that helps others avoid the frustration I had but I learned a lot.