Recently, I've tried out introducing a "jOB - jQuery object builder", currently in the form of a rather complex function called "pP", that takes a cryptive string, I've called "dna".
I'm quite happy so far, but would like to make sure you agree :-)
It results in a lot less lines of code, which I cherish.
Once I got used to it, it helped me get a better overview of the complex workings of this plugin and helped simplify things further, which I probably wouldn't have done, if I left it in the normal fashion.
You can see "normal" code in the bottom part (Pronto variant) of the above link, which I haven't transformed yet.
- It also has embedded debugging and logging and potentially any other useful routine functionality commonly used in plugin development. You can see this embedded debugging already working on the site below.
- It has powerful internal object-oriented handling, that enables e.g. persistent internal variables across plugin calls (!)
- Can you think of anything else I can built into it by default?
What do you think?
- Is there room for such an object builder, that ideally should simplify plugin organisation?
- Do you have the impression, that I'm going in the right direction, provided most of the above objectives can be fulfilled?
In case successful, I would like to share it with other plugin authors, especially for RAD and organisation of jQuery plugins.
I had to register now, to give you what you deserve: Ein recht herzliches Dankeschön! :]
First: I dont think, that esoteric is something bad. In fact, the only bad thing, the mother of all problems: its materialism. And this is why we think that esoteric is something negative. Well, thats materialism - it change the things to the opposite. Today, things become wicked more and more, and so the truth became relative, too. History repeating for the next time. What a mad tragedy...
Well, the truth will make us free.
So back to topic: I dont understand the context esoteric<->organisation.You are a really crazy guy, arvgta! I like that. Stay the guy you are!
As you can read, English is not my point. But organization is something i really love. And so I would like to offer you my help. But, in my opinion, its not your code, what has to be getting organized - I would like to offer you my help in context to your work-presentation. Its not the Layout I am talking about. Its the Content structure. Well, ok, and the menu! }:-D
This way, arvgta, the world lose its war. So lets do it! You definitly need a little help - if you like, I will be your "Trümmerfrau", which care about "Ordnung", so that your work get what it deserve, too. ;]
Btw: "DNA" is a good choice. But, hey: whats about "sub-plugin-factory"?!
I see, you love your work, thats wonderfull. So lets say: The next name will be a better one!
Best regards from the Bananarepublic of Germany :]