My situation that may appear rather simplistic still perplexes me while I am new to Ajax. I have loaded all the appropriate JQuery Libraries and the initial index loads fine and the JQuery Doc Ready statement loads all the files on the menus. However, after I use the load statement to load a contact.html, all loads great, into a iframe div statement within index the contact.html that utilizes an Ajax pass to a php fails. Initially, I had two various contact.html's files one for MSIE and an other for the other browsers and the browser detect system work okay and all was well until yesterday when neither contact.html worked in any browser after being called into index.html. Again, however, the contact.html's work great when referenced into a browser alone without the load into the index.html...Any idea's they were working great and mysteriously began failing? The MSIE 9 debug fails on event listeners once each time the site is loaded....Any help would be greatly appreciated ;-)
I actually utilize a local, to the server, copy of JQuery rather than Google or CDN. I even attempted to call them from another external server suspecting that the local server may have dns address issues, however, that was not the situation. The Captcha is passed fine with each character, however, with the submit button it fails. I used an Alert prior to the statement and the passed string was constructed appropriately. An alert on the outside after the pass, call never actuated?? Any ideas?? Thanks for your reply!
I am actually referencing the paths from root rather than the the complete address as "/some.server/page" however, I did load them onto a different server and reference them as you've suggested and that didn't work! Curiously? if you use ajax in the called in html and the index and the doc ready statement was utilized in index will the "JS" files conflict? I tried a "NoConflict" in the index which froze everything? I am next going to try and load all the site contents into another server and see if perhaps there is a PHP version undisclosed issues. MSIE did prior to problems report that there were depreciated functions etc. My concern is that all work wonderfully and the following day after no activity was done with the site files the ajax failed? I did however update msie inadvertantly, ms updates, but that shouldn't affect anything?...Again, thanks for your help Jake :-)
Never reference urls as "http://some.server/page" or "//some.server/page"" in ajax. It implies you are doing something exotic like JSONP or CORS AJAX. And it often causes problems that appear "some times".
"/somedirectory/somescript.php" or "somescript.php" are safest.
noConflict should not be necessary unless you are mixing libraries that define $.
A warning about deprecated functions is a sign that some code is very old. The current jQuery (1.9.1) should not get deprecated warnings.
It could also have something to do with the health of the server. If the server isn’t performing correctly, some ajax calls will fail.
That is the next avenue I am going down while I have had other "Link Issues" with the server exampled by the default page never being located etc. I'll see what happens and let you know within the next couple of days...Thanks Jake :-)
Leave a comment on tteeter's reply
Change topic type
Link this topic
Provide the permalink of a topic that is related to this topic