I've stopped developing websites many years ago but want to pick up my old hobby again. Please take a look at the following code:
I want to create a plugin that changes the select-option from the dropdown selection to selection through buttons navigation. The plugin should do the following on this piece of code:
1) hide the dropdown arrow of the select tag
2) deactivate the dropdown menu (if the select-option is clicked the dropdown menu should NOT be displayed)
3) navigation through the different options should be solely done through the "<" and ">" buttons
4) when the button "<" is clicked, we navigate upwards from the current selected option and the new option is displayed
5) when the button ">" is clicked, we navigate downwards from the current selected option and the new option is displayed
I have several of these select-options tag and want to create a solution using a plugin. I have no idea how to start creating this plugin. Can you guys help me out, maybe point me in the right direction?
P.S. Maybe such plugin already exist?