superfish question

superfish question

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot for this. I have a superfish question and I was told I could come to this forum because there are a lot of knowledgeable people who know superfish.

Please move this post to a different category if it's in the wrong place.

I'm new to the superfish menu and I have a couple questions:

1) How can I get just one menu item not to highlight when I hover over it? I would like all other menu items to highlight, which I've done, but now I'd like just one NOT to highlight.

2)I'm trying to adjust the width of the menu items and I only seem to be able to set the width by pixel, not percent.

I have this:

.sf-menu li {
 position: relative;
    width: 210px;
}

I'm not sure what that "position: relative" is doing there. I didn't write it and I'm not touching it. But the point is that I'd like to set the width to 20%, not 210px. The problem is that when I do this, the menu items align vertically for some reason, not horizontally like I want them to. I'm not using sf-navbar because I want the 2nd level menus to display vertically and this doesn't seem to affect the 1st level menu (i.e. it still displays horizontally like I want), unless I set the widths to %. Setting the widths to pixels looks fine so long as I keep the browser a certain size but as soon as I resize it to a smaller size, the menu items start clobbering each other.

Can anyone help me please?